What is a professional organizer?
A professional organizer teaches people how to organize their spaces so everything has its place, how to declutter and manage important papers, and get rid of items they no longer need, use, or love, and then teach you how to turn those skills into a life-long habit.
What are your qualifications?
I have a background as a research librarian and have taken classes and researched vast amounts of material on organizing and I have been a member of NAPO (the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals) since 2014. I truly believe professional organizers do what we do because we genuinely want to help people have a better quality of life. We do not judge you or your space. I can objectively create a plan and work with you to teach you how to become better organized, a skill you will be able to use for the rest of your life.
How long will it take to organize my space?
The short answer is "It varies!" There are many factors such as the amount of clutter and the number of spaces in your home we will be organizing, whether or not I will need to purchase organizing items for you, and if I will need to bring in subcontractors to help with the work. When we meet for your in-home consultation and we discuss what you would like accomplished, I will give you an estimate of the time needed to complete the project. Generally, 1 room takes 6 hours. Smaller spaces like closets, pantries, and bathrooms take 3 hours.
I want to get organized on my own and just need a little help from a pro. Can you help?
Yes, I can! We offer customized, detailed plans to help those DIYers achieve their organizational goals!
What are the benefits of getting organized?
There are physical, emotional, and financial benefits, including:
- Reducing stress
- Knowing where everything is
- Feeling proud of your home when you have guests over
- Gaining control of your life
- Finding your car keys (and other items) faster
- Meeting important deadlines
- Having your finances up to date
- Accomplishing more
- Improving your quality of life
- Moving throughout your space more safely
- Having more time to do the things you enjoy
What areas do you serve?
The Tampa Bay area in Central Florida, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Polk, Pinellas, and Manatee counties for in-home services.
I don't live in the Tampa Bay area. Do you have virtual services?
Yes I do. Use the button below to request a consultation. We will have a 30-60 minute session via Facetime or Skype, so you can show me your space. Within 3 days of your payment, I'll create a customized plan to declutter and organize your specific spaces, including inspiration boards, DIY project ideas, and donation and trash removal services in your own neighborhood. A follow up email or phone call 1 month later is included to make sure you are keeping on track with your project.
What happens at our first in-home visit?
After you initially contact me, we will schedule a free consultation, where we will walk through your home and I will listen to your concerns about what you feel is not working in your space(s). I will give you an estimate of how long I feel the project will take. If you would like to work with me, we will then schedule our first hands-on organizing session.
Is a professional organizer expensive?
A professional organizer can save you money. Here are just a few examples of how I can help you:
- Saving money in the long run and investing in your future by being taught organizational skills from a professional.
- Eliminating the need for off-site storage, with its monthly fees.
- Receiving tax deductions for donated items.
- Selling unneeded items at a consignment shop, garage sale, or online.
- Knowing what you already have, so you do not make duplicate purchases.
- No late payment, overdraft or missed appointment fees.
- Using inexpensive items and hacks to create high-end storage solutions.
What are your rates?
See our rates here.
Stop drowning in clutter!
Declutter your home in 1 week - one space at a time
with our e-book!